Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Peace

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Matthew 7:7

I have been busy recently , with two puppies and  working on the homestead, so I haven't been reading as much in my bible as I normally do. Yesterday though I took a break from everything else and sat down to just read in my bible.

I could feel the tension slowly leave my body the more I read, and I felt this nice feeling I haven't encountered in awhile - PEACE. When I took the precious fur babies out for a walk I just felt at ease. Like it was ok that life is hectic, that things go wrong, that I still had all the same problems; it all just faded to the back of my mind.

Sometimes in life we get so caught up in ....well life and we forget that we have a God who longs to give us the peace we need. He loves us right where we are and that fact awes me everyday, because everybody always wants us to be better or do better , but the creator of the universe meets me right here in my mess and calls me beautiful, loved. It doesn't get any better than that, someone who see's more of your soul than anyone else ever will and accepts you like that!

On a side note - that nice stroll I took with my mischievous little pup and his sister didn't end well since he dug up an ant hill and got bit all over his tummy. Still the peace remains :)

No comments:

Post a Comment