Thursday, August 20, 2015

Bible Doodle : Hooked on Jesus

Today I worked on what I call my Bible art journal. I just bought a new sketch book (woohoo!) . I decided to do my Bible Journaling in an art book for multiple reasons : I am not an artist and need the option to erase; I also read in my Bible daily and while the art in it would be lovely, not sure its practical (would be if you were using it only for art). So with new sketch book in hand I plopped down on my carpet and pulled up my pinterest ideas (I have a whole board to choose from).
This is what became of that :
 
Now like I said I had pinterest inspiration in the form of this :
 
This site as amazing doodle tutorials . You can check it out here :https://1arthouse.wordpress.com/
 
This specific doodle holds meaning for me because I love to fish. I don't get to very often but I can tell you it is something I enjoy immensely. Every time we show up to our favorite family spot, I instantly relax. I don't know what it is but I just can't be stressed or worried while I'm fishing. Maybe it's the setting or the fact that I can concentrate on something solid instead of my ideas. 
Also a pretty cool connection since Jesus had disciples who were professional fisherman.(Luke 5:1-11)  
 
Forever & Always ,
Emily                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment