Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Two for Tuesday: Trusting God



                                    Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God ; in him will I trust. Psalm 91:2 

Trust in him at all times: ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Psalm 62:8 


I think it makes it easier to trust God if we learn to " pour out your heart before him" . I love that verse! To me it speaks volumes about how God cares about our lives, so much so that he asks us to pour out our hearts to him. Dreams , fears, hopes for the future, pain over the past, ugly sins , bad attitudes, whatever burdens the heart. We can lay it all at his feet, pouring it all out ,even the darkest parts of ourselves. Giving Him the contents of our hearts does not change God, he knows it all anyway. It changes us! It changes how we view Him. He transforms from a far away deity to an up close and personnel Heavenly Father who knows us; and if he knows us we can trust Him with our life. We can trust His choices for the future and He becomes a  " refuge for us".

Charles F Stanley says " Trusting God means looking beyond what we can see to what God sees."

May you trust God with your life and your decisions!

Forever & Always ,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment